Monday, June 18, 2007

Update: Clips from Akio Jissoji's Mujo

Now, I finally have the equipment needed to play import DVD's, and seeing these clips confirms my choice for which discs will be my first purchases. There is a large boxset of Jissoji's early films available in Japan. I believe it is an 8-disc set, and includes all his films with the Art Theatre Guild. I will attempt to write a thorough review on these films once I see them, but my most recent obligations are to write "homemade retrospective" essays on Toshio Matsumoto and Shuji Terayama.

Some of these clips might be quite dark, and sorry, no English subtitles.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

English subtitles do exist:
http://imaginationtakeover.blogspot.com/2008/06/akio-jissjis-muj.html

This film by Jissoji is absolutely breathtaking!